Carnegie Morrison Library in the late 30s
View looking northeast toward Carnegie Morrison Library in the late 1930s. From 1909 to 1939, the Morrison Carnegie Library served the faculty, staff and students of Fairmount College and its successor, the University of Wichita. As enrollments increased, a larger library was deemed necessary, and Public Works Administration funds were secured to build another library (present Morrison Hall) on campus in 1938 and 1939. This building was destroyed by fire in 1964.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Bardo, John W.; Strategic Planning Steering Committee (Wichita State University, 2016-09-12)Several important historical documents created in process of work on the WSU's strategic plan 2013.
Miller, Gary L. (Wichita State University. Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and Research, 2009-02-27)Provost Gary L. Miller Memorandum to Faculty Senate Planning and Budget Committee addressing the University budget reduction and the new reduce-reshape-rebuild initiative.
Wichita State University; Berg, Marijean (Department of Special Collections and Archives, 1993-12)An index to "The Sunflower", Wichita State University's student newspaper (1896 - 1992) was published in conjunction with the University's centennial (1895-1995). In most cases, index entries are added only at inception, ...